In addition to ProAdjuster and traditional chiropractic, Gator Family Chiropractic is equipped to provide complementary therapies that help patients receive the maximum relief. After Dr. Hudson performs an adjustment, patients can still experience lingering muscle spasms from the misalignment in their spine. We offer hydrotherapy and electronic muscle stimulation to treat these painful spasms.
Hydrotherapy utilizes a special table that contains a supportive mattress. Within the table, internal water jets produce a massaging effect on the surface of the mattress. These water jets can move along the length of the mattress to massage the patient from head to toe.
- Following an adjustment, the patient lies on the table in the hydrotherapy room.
- A therapist activates the table, and the water in the mattress is heated as the jets begin the massage.
- The table delivers a warm massage to soothe muscle spasms, relieve pain, and allow the adjustment to settle in. A hydrotherapy session is 15 minutes long.
Electronic Muscle Stimulation
Electronic Muscle Stimulation (EMS) safely uses a small electrical current to treat painful muscle spasms.
- Following an adjustment, the patient sits in a chiropractic chair in the EMS room.
- A therapist places electrodes over the affected muscles and activates the electronic muscle stimulator.
- A small current runs through electrodes to relax the muscle spasms, relieve pain, and allow the adjustment to settle in. An EMS session is 15 minutes long.